Today we celebrate Fiona’s 2nd year hearing birthday! 2 years ago today her right cochlear implant was turned on for the first time. To reflect back on this amazing year of hearing I created a top 10 list of our favorite hearing moments:
- When Fiona started pronouncing daddy’s name correctly. Dadda instead of haha.
- When I turned off the music and Fiona passionately yelled “Turn it on!!!”
- Fiona saying “I love you.”
- Fiona using actual sentences.
- Listening to Fiona sing ALL DAY LONG. Favorites are “wheels on the bus”, “daddy finger song”, “if you’re happy and you know it”
- Fiona using her words to communicate to her teachers at school!
- Watching Fiona try and count to 10.
- Fiona pronouncing the word dog with an actual “d” instead of “h”.
- When Fiona tells me to stop talking. This is especially funny since with auditory verbal therapy we are supposed to narrate everything. She’s caught on.
- Watching Fiona enjoy dancing to music. Almost every morning she requests that we listen and dance to “Et-tannah” which is Madonna.
Here are some pictures of Fiona being herself:
Of course I can’t finish of a profoundly strong blog post without a video. Here are some Fiona dance moves:
Thanks for reading!! Here’s to another great year!!